To protect the life, health and property of the public through examination of applicants, education of licensees and discipline of individuals to promote quality electrical contracting in accordance with NC General Statutes Chapter 87-Article 4.
Welcome to the Board’s special page for inspectors. This page is maintained to provide you important information from the Board.
Verify a Licensed Contractor. Click HERE to search the active license database.
File A Complaint. Use this form to report unlicensed activity and permit, inspection or code violation problem with a licensed contractor. Click HERE to print form.
Board Field Staff. Our Field Staff have assigned territories by county. Please click HERE to find our Field Staff representative assigned to your jurisdiction.
Contact Information. The Board maintains a database of inspection departments and would like to maintain current information on code enforcement officials, permitting personnel and other staff in your department that should receive license related communications from the Board. Please use the Inspection Department Database Form to provide current staff information for our database. Click HERE to complete a database form.
Recent Inquiries. See links below:
- How to Verify License Status for Each Permit Request
- Licensing Requirements for Electrical Work on Rental Properties
- Licensing Requirements for Solar Photovoltaic Electrical Energy Systems
- Licensing Requirements for Bonding of Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST)
- Licensing Requirements for Swimming Pool Installations
- Licensing Requirements – Refrigeration Installations
- CSST Bonding – Board Determination Letter