SECTION .0700 – LICENSING RECIPROCITY
.0701. LICENSE BY RECIPROCITY
(a) The Board may enter into formal reciprocal agreements with contracting licensing boards of other states whereby electrical contractors licensed by the other state boards may obtain a North Carolina electrical contracting license without written examinations provided:
(1) The applicant furnishes to the Board a written statement from the state licensing board certifying that the applicant holds a current electrical contracting license issued by that board;
(2) The proposed qualified individual for the applicant is the same individual who is duly qualified for the license currently issued to the applicant by the state licensing board;
(3) The applicant files an application on a form provided by the Board requesting a license under the licensing reciprocity agreement currently in effect between the Board and the applicant’s state licensing board;
(4) Except for the written examination requirement, the applicant furnishes to the Board information satisfactorily verifying to the Board that he meets all of the requirements in Sections .0200, .0300 and .0400 of this Subchapter applicable to the specific license classification requested; and
(5) The applicant pays to the Board the annual license fee as required in Rule .0404 of this Subchapter for the specific license classification requested.
(b) The expiration date for each license issued under a reciprocal agreement shall be as prescribed in G.S. 87-44.
(c) The renewal application due date and late filing penalty for a license issued under a reciprocal agreement shall be as prescribed in Rule .0405 of this Subchapter.
(d) Copies of all reciprocity agreements and applications are available from the Board.
(e) In the absence of a current reciprocity agreement in force between the contractor licensing board of a particular state and this Board, there is no waiver of examination.
STATE RECIPROCAL AGREEMENTS IN EFFECT AS OF DECEMBER 2012
505 N. Greenfield Parkway, Suite 100, Garner, NC 27529